Cavs acquire forward Sam Dekker from Clippers
- Carmelo Anthony firma por un año con los Rockets
- LeBron regresa a Cleveland con los Lakers el 21 de noviembre
- James y los Warriors acaparan horarios estelares en la NBA
- Magic jugará 2 partidos en la Ciudad de México en diciembre
- Senador critica a Trump por ataques a LeBron James
By TOM WITHERS
CLEVELAND (AP) The Cleveland Cavaliers have acquired forward Sam Dekker in a trade with the Los Angeles Clippers.
Dekker, a first-round pick by Houston in 2015, averaged 4.2 points and 2.4 rebounds as a reserve in 73 games last season for the Clippers. The 6-foot-9 Dekker figures to get more minutes with the Cavaliers, who are revamping their roster following superstar LeBron James' departure as a free agent.
Dekker starred at Wisconsin before he was taken with the No. 15 overall pick by the Rockets three years ago. He played in four postseason games for Houston in 2017, averaging 2.3 points and 2.5 rebounds.
The 24-year-old will earn $2.76 million this season and will be a restricted free agent next summer.
As part of the trade, the Cavaliers will send the draft rights to Vladimir Veremeenko to the Clippers. The Cavaliers will also receive the rights to Renaldas Seibutis and cash considerations.
More AP NBA: https://apnews.com/tag/NBAbasketball and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated August 7, 2018