Chris Paul donates $2.5M to Wake Forest basketball program
- Nowitzki vuelve a los Mavericks, que caen ante Suns 99-89
- Con 26 puntos de Vucevic, Magic vence a Bulls en México
- Spurs dan su mejor actuación de la campaña, ante Clippers
- Harden logra triple doble en triunfo de Rockets sobre Lakers
- Nets y Spencer Dinwiddie extienden contrato por 3 años
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (AP) NBA All-Star and former Wake Forest guard Chris Paul is donating $2.5 million in support of the Demon Deacons' basketball team.
The donation announced Tuesday is the school's largest by a former Wake Forest basketball player.
School officials say it will assist a project to expand and enhance the men's and women's locker rooms, and the men's locker room will be named for him.
Paul says the locker room project "inspired me, because that's where players build relationships and create a unifying camaraderie."
The Houston Rockets guard and Winston-Salem native led Wake Forest to its first No. 1 ranking in 2004-05 before becoming a nine-time All-Star and two-time Olympic gold medal winner with the U.S. national team.
More AP college basketball: https://apnews.com/tag/Collegebasketball and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated August 7, 2018