Rangers get minor league OF Cole to complete Dyson trade
- Cardenales: Carlos Martínez apunta al siguiente nivel
- Yanquis: Drury es el favorito para ser titular en tercera
- Hinch debe tomar decisiones sobre rotación de los Astros
- Cueto se entrena en la montaña para temporada de MLB
- Nacionales confirman acuerdo con Joaquín Benoit
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) Minor league outfielder Hunter Cole has been acquired by the Texas Rangers to complete the June trade that sent reliever Sam Dyson to the San Francisco Giants.
The move was announced Wednesday, more than five months after Dyson was traded to the Giants for a player to be named later. Texas also paid about $1.5 million to cover some of Dyson's remaining salary.
Cole hit .249 with seven homers and 34 RBIs in 83 games with Double-A Richmond this year. The 25-year-old outfielder spent part of the season on the disabled list with a right oblique injury.
Dyson was traded June 6, less than a week after being designated for assignment by the Rangers. Dyson had lost his role as closer in Texas, where he was 1-6 with a 10.80 ERA in 17 appearances before going 3-4 with 14 saves and a 4.03 ERA in 38 games for the Giants.
More AP baseball: https://apnews.com/tag/MLBbaseball
Updated November 15, 2017